Wednesday, June 1, 2011

smoke alarms, grauation pictures, shopping the mall, and band banquet

Wow, more stories in such a short time. Let me start with a funny story that happened very early in the day. At about 1 am, the smoke alarms in my house went off. My brother wakes up screaming. It's not a high pitch girl scream, but more of a loud, long caveman grunt. He's our of bed, and by then I'm out of bed, and I give the same scream. We both have rather large shaggy beards, so the 2 of us grunt screaming at each other in the dark looked funny. A few seconds later, these are the exact words that went through my mind, "what that noise!? It's the circle box! That mean fire stupid! GET OUT!" I open the door, and my parents just open their door. I here my mom say "uhhh calm down boys," but I was at the other end of the hall getting ready to go down the stairs.

I'm nearly at the bottom, well more like halfway down, and my brother knocks something off the side of the top of the stairs causing it to fall to the base. It was like clothing or something, but I had to jump over it when I got to the base. I go outside to the tree in front of our house where we decided to meet up many years ago if there was a fire. I see that no one is coming out, and the hose is still standing, so then I go back inside. I was shell shocked afterwards, so I'm laughing for 5 minutes afterwards. As it turns out, the battery in the hall detector died and that set off all the detectors since they're all wired together.

Well I go back to sleep, and I have to get my brother to school again. When will I be able to sleep in like a normal senior? Probably next week. Anyways I get him there, and get ready for my picture at sears. Yesterday I got my cap and gown, and it was wrapped up and wrinkly. To try to pull the wrinkles out, I weighted down problem areas since neither my mom nor I trust each other with an iron with this unknown material. Check out these funny pictures.

I used my key chain to weigh it down. It worked a little.

So I gather everything together ready to go to sears. My grand parents have been taking me to sears for pictures since I was a new born. A couple of years ago, I learned from my cousins that it isn't normal to go to get pictures at sears portrait studio every 3 weeks from age new born to age 7 and then going at least 5 times a year since. It was annoying, especially since to save money, my grandma gets a package that requires you to take a bazillion poses, but then after all them, she only gets 2 or so. I guess it's more economic, but super annoying.

Well sears is attached to a mall, like most, so before I spent about an hour and a half going around the mall. I spent most time in the Game Stop and FYE. I didn't find anything at either, but was still fun to look around. After the pictures, I had lunch with my grandparents at the Logan's that is right close. After lunch, I went to ABC Warehouse. I've wanted to go there since I started seeing all the commercials for it. The sales guy asked me if there was anything specific I was looking for, but I told him "nothing specific, I just saw so many commercials about 'closest thing to wholesale' and I'd figured I'd look around." He thought that was a good enough answer and said please do. I looked around, and on the $5.99 DVD rack, I found some DVD collections of 4 movies together and lesser TV show seasons. Then I found Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Two-Disc Special Edition) on the rack. That and Deathly Hollows Part 1 are the only ones I am missing in my collection. Now it's just Deathly Hallows Part 1 that I'm missing.

Then at dinner time, I had the band banquet. I sat with my friends, and I got some awards fro being in concert band, jazz band, and pit orchestra. Not a lot happened. Sorry, no elaborate story. I just cheered for my friends and such. So this has been this day. Tomorrow is graduation and all night party.

1 comment:

  1. Lol was an interesting anecdote!

    For cooler fire alarms check out this link: Kidde PI9000

    ReplyDelete