Monday, June 27, 2011

Mr Party animal 2, with extra blackbelt and fireworks

Wow, last weekend was fun. I went to 6 graduation parties, 5 of which were the same day, a black belt class to get presented the application for my black belt, and to an amazing city fireworks display.

I'll start with Saturday. I first went to my black belt class. I am currently a first degree brown belt in sanchin-ryu karate. I've been doing it for 12 or so years, and actually wrote the wikipedia page for it. Well started it but it was my creation. Being so into it, I got invited to a black belt class to get presented the application for black belt. It's quite something, because black belt isn't just knowing, it's also being a part of you. This time it was cool because I had another brown belt to work out with this time and we were working on forms. Last time I was the only brown belt and we worked on katas, of which I have never seen let alone practiced.

Afterwords I went to the graduation party of my old next door neighbor. We were only able to stay for about a half hour. She said sorry for kind of ignoring you, but it was OK since I apparently did the same to her at my grad party. You get so busy at those things it's as if all you're able to do is greet and say bye. I then went to my girlfriends good friend who I went to kindergarten with. There was some confusion as to if I was invited or not. Mom thought she was only invited because it came from the grad's mom to her, but apparently the whole fam was invited. I went and had a good time. I then went to my friend who we played trombone together in the jazz band and were in sadd together. Both he and his twin brother had their grad parties at the same time. I technical only went to 4 parties that day, but to tie with my one friend who went to 5 in one day, I asked if I could count this as 2 parties. I was given a yes so I tied with the kilt (inside joke). After that party, I went to my close friends party. He had the whole ilose group there. It was fun and weird and crazy and all that we are.

This was also the same day as the boyscout court of honor, but since I wasn't getting anything, I didn't need to go. I showed up right at the end. Normally this is the time when we have our overnighter where we guard the art for our local art fair, but due to the economy and not having it, we just kind of guard the air. It was always really fun. We'd watch movies all night and play capture the flag. But after the art fair stopped, it became a nostalgia thing for the older scouts that the noobs didn't fully understand. But then us older guys aged out and it was left to the younger guys who didn't get the draw. Well there was very little participation this year. In fact only 2 adult leaders, me and adult because I'm 18 now, and about 6 boys. We didn't have the TV like normally, nor the movies, and it wasn't going to be much of anything. It was my event. I loved guard the art. I came up with out name of guard the art in the park because prior to it was just the event name art in the woods. But then when I left, so did guard the art.

Well now for Sunday. I only had one graduation party to go to. It was my friend who is also in our ilose circle, but not fully I guess you could say. He's kind of to calm but we all like him. Anyways, his was way out of our way, because he wasn't planing on one, but his family was and they apparently live far off. My best friend and I carpooled up there. The city's name has lake in it, so my best friends dad made him bring a pair of swim trunks and a towel in case he wanted to swim. There was no lake. It was a calm little event, maybe 30 people at most. I lost at both checkers and chess, but I don't care. It was just a friendly game.

That night, my grandparents took my mom, my girlfriend, and I to their city fireworks display. We go every year and it's always cool. A couple of years ago we found this place that few people go to and it's really close to the fireworks. We can see them light them off and last year embers from some of the fireworks landed in the field right next to us. This year since I now have a girlfriend, she came with us to the show. We kissed under the fireworks. Right when they had the display with the big finally, we had a long kiss. It was perfect.

Well that was my weekend. See ya soon.
Pokematic

No comments:

Post a Comment