Thursday, June 16, 2011

Remembering hypnotism and was that 42nd street

Hi everyone, might I say that last night was really weird. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water, I am typically able to fall back asleep really quickly. Well last night I had some trouble falling back asleep. I think I had heart burn, or just some acid reflex, or something that made the bottom back of my throat feel like it was burning with stomach acid. In my drowsy state, my logical way of solving it was to drink a lot of water, but that just made me need to pee 15 minutes later. About another 15 minutes later, I realize what it is, so I go down stairs and have half a tum. That helps, but my mind still won't shut up for another 25 minutes or so. Here's what was going through my mind all this time.
Remember how I talked about the hypnotist at the all night party with my school? Well I was imagining if I didn't keep my mouth shut when I was in the group hypnotism. I imagined if I asked why my arms were inverses, then he asked me to sit up on stage, and then do the glue thing. I imagined if I did yell "I am hulk" when I did pull my hands apart. He then hypnotized me, and I did the things where he "connected our minds," which I still thinks is bull. Apparently when hypnotized, he connected the 11 saps on stages minds and when he tapped one, the rest knew where he tapped without him talking. Well I believe I have an incredibly strong and uncontrollable subconscious and unconscious. I think he told us the wrong conscious that he uses in hypnotism. If it were subconscious the people would have some knowledge of what happened but they had no knowledge, so I think it was unconscious. Anyways, if I didn't have my crazy strong uncontrollable unconscious, I wouldn't have been able to pull my hands apart. Where was I? Oh yeah, the linked minds. Well I imagined if I was connected with everyone else, and I ended up taking over. I was blabbering things about him being a quack, and everyone was saying it in sync with me. He then disconnected all our minds, and made me 4 years old like in the show. This deserves its own paragraph.
Well let me start out by saying that age regression is a myth, so I ended up telling him that, and explained how it was just making me think I believed I was 4, and I made little sense. But I went on and on, he interrupted me, and this is what I said "you interrupted me, now I need to start all over again." As a 4 year old, and up until maybe 7, I NEVER shut up. My grandparents tell me stories about how on the way to a family reunion when I was 4, I didn't stop talking from the time we started, all the way to the hotel, for 2 hours. And whenever I was talking to my cousins, and they interrupted me, I always told them "you interrupted me, now I need to start all over again." I always did. I don't think much has changed; I just have greater control of it now. OK so back story out of the way, he asked me why I was doing this, and I in depth explained how I had ADHD, but my parents don't know that yet. He told me there was an audience of teenagers out there, and as a little kid, I was afraid of teenagers. I start crying and hide behind the chairs. I don't remember how he got me back in front of everyone, but he did, and more hilarity happened. All I remember was that we "went on a trip to the zoo" and I wouldn't sit still "on the bus" and when I went by the snakes, we were supposed to lift up our legs because the snakes came crawling near our feet. Well even at that age, I loved snakes. Instead of lifting my legs, I "bent over, picked one up, and started showing it off to everyone."
Now I probably would have continued to imagine all the show, but I wanted to go to sleep. It was almost 5 in the morning, and I started at about 4. I wanted my sleep! So I tried shutting up my running mind, but to no real avail. I realized that my subconscious and unconscious have some part of my conscious, of which I have some control but little control over. Well here's how I shut it up. I personified my conscious as catholiccontriversy, my unconscious as happy gamer, and subconscious as Pokematic. First catholiccontriversy beat them both up. Happy gamer gave up after that, but Pokematic didn't want to give up without a fight. So I thought of a really boring repeatable activity. I counted dishes coming out of the dish washer. But I wasn't counting. It was more like; "plait goes in the plait pile, cup goes on the shelf." It was mundane, repetitive, and just what I needed to shut Pokematic up. I did that for a while, and I felt myself fall asleep. Oh yeah, another cool thing about me. If I try hard enough and do it just right, I can actually remember falling asleep. It's really cool.
So now for my weird dream. I was in the pit orchestra of a show I was in the pit orchestra for back in the beginning of the school year. That show, was 42nd street. But something was...off. For starters, the pit wasn't very deep. In fact it probably only went down 2 1/2 feet, and I was facing the stage able to see the whole show. Now the weirdness doesn't stop there. None of the songs we played were actually from the play, except for dames which was only that in name. It sounded nothing like the actual song dames, but I had a solo which was cool. Another thing was no main characters from the play. There was no Peggy, no Dorthy, no Juline Marx, no billy lawyer, no anyone. Then there were only a few instruments in the pit. I remember there being me, the trombone, a French horn, and a trumpet, and maybe a flute. There wasn't the super important piano. The piano is so important to the music of 42nd street, that we had 2 players when we actually did it. One really strange thing is that I got lost while playing. I'm not saying I never get lost, that would be inhuman, but always during rehearsal and practice, never during the performance. It was as if I was hearing the music for the first time. Well the crazy play ended before it was supposed to end. I still had "the money of a student" to play. I wonder if that was somehow supposed to be "we're in the money." It either stopped because my internal sleep timer said I had my 8 hours or because things were getting to weird, even for my dreams. Chances are it was because I was aware of how weird things were. That's a new one even for me. It was as if I was in a parallel universe, as myself and not my parallel self like I normally am.

Well I better get to writing than-you notes. Later and I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment