Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday and Graduation

Hey world, I just finished a day of fun. First things first, let me tell you what today was; my 18th birthday and graduation from high school party. I turned 18 today, so that means I can do everything I could do before, but legally. I know I already said this in my last post, but I've bought air soft and gift cards and upon reading the fine print realized I had to be 18. Well to celebrate, I bought a lottery ticket, LEGALLY! I probably could have bought one at any time, but being a good kid, didn't want to chance it. It was a scratch off, and I lost. I love scratch offs, and I know that because I would do scratch offs with my grandparents and parents. Well now let me tell you about the festivities.

I woke up, and ate my muffin. I am interesting in many ways, but not my moring ritual. Every day except when I need to carbo load or something, it's always 2/3 of a chocolate chip muffin from Costco with an optional 3 strips of Bacon. Bacon is typically during school, and no, I never get tired of it and rarely miss a day. I had to help set up for my party, causing me to miss today's episode of Pokemon. Yes I still watch Pokemon, and many other cartoons at that. I was bummed, but life goes on. After setting up, I went to my best friends graduation party. Ironically enough, 3 of my friends all had their parties on the same day as me. I was able to make it to 2 of them because there wasn't overlap in out party times, but one was exactly the same time. My best friends was before mine, and I got there right as they were setting up. I was only able to stay for an hour or so, but we had fun. Then it was time for mine. So many people, in our average size backyard. It was cool, I got to see some people I haven't seen in years. Many of my friends showed up, but unfortunately not all of them. Still quite fun, and good food. We had these guys that cooked the shoulder of the pig, or the spam part for those of you who are in the know, and it tasted like spam just without all the salt and preservatives. It was great, and I'm glad we didn't get the caterers my grandma thought of. One of her really close friends has this caterer that does all of their parties, "and they do chicken and mostacholi and salad" all of which I don't like. In fact this was the conversation my mom and her had. Grandma: "Gean has this great caterer. They have chicken and mostacholi and salad." Mom: "yeah, and does [Pokematic] like any of that?" Grandma: "oh I guess he doesn't." Mom: "I'm just gonna stick with the pig guy." Anyways, I was told by some of my guests it was the best pulled pork they ever had, and it was definitely up there with the professional stuff I've had. There were also a lot of pictures that I may or may not upload to myspace. Might with some of the friend pictures, but probably not all the pictures with the friends of the family.

Well after everyone left, I went over to my friend that I've been friends with since kindergarten's party. Grammar Nazis don't hate, you know that was an awkward to word sentence and you probably couldn't do much better. It was at the tail end of his party so not a lot happened. This was my day. Probably won't be a new blog until next week when I have more graduation stories. Later.

PS: I've been considering crating another blog, where I just talk about my days. I really like blogging but I don't want to fill this blog up with boring stories. Think it's a good idea? Leave me a comment on your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment