Friday, November 4, 2011

Hopping Around Art Down Town

Hey everyone, I just got back from the down town art hop. I don't know if I would have went if it weren't for the fact that I get a much needed cultural event from it. Here's what it is in a nut shell, 2 other honors students and myself went downtown and all these local artists display their works and it's really fun. There was glass, pictures, paintings, jewelry, some indi movie, metal work, wood work, and fuse beads in the likeness of Nintendo characters. I knew I probably wouldn't buy anything, but I couldn't help the fuse beads, especially when I found a pokemon.

Wabafet

Yeah I bought Wabafet, but no other Pokemon were available. Here's a picture of his lay out.

This guy has an amazing talent. I wonder if he's been in Nintendo Powers. It's amazing none the less.

We walked around the mall, that's what the set of stores in this one section of the down town area is called. Unfortunately there were only 2 galleries open. The guy with the fuse beads was on the street. I enjoyed looking around. I wonder what the movie would have been like. We weren't about to wait in that giant line though.

Well then we went to this warehouse full of art and the artists. I didn't get any pictures because no pictures allowed, at least most places. I understand the logic, the artists spend hours, days, weeks, months, even years on their art. It's not right for someone to come in and take pictures and basically getting their work for free. The fuse beads guy was fine mainly due to the nature of his art. It's beads, and it's Nintendo, he might even encourage it. But enough on legal, time for descriptions.

When I walked in there was this big glass gallery. Good thing I'm more cautious than I was when I was little. You break it you buy it, and since this is art, it's pricey. Lot's of really cool stuff. There was a glass blowing demonstration, and it was really cool. They made a glass mug. It was cool.

After the glass, we went to this metal forging thing. I got a pic. They were just basic knives so they were OK.

Pretty cool looking. After the metal there was the paintings. They were cool. I don't know how else to describe.

We did all this over 2 hours. I'm gonna go write my write-up. This has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

PS: My day went great. To read abut it go to your3minutes

1 comment:

  1. A bit by bit blacksmithing manual for producing an enlivening leaf snare. Utilizing essential blacksmithing methods
    full annealing and some basic apparatuses, you will make your own bit of useful craftsmanship with this simple venture.

    ReplyDelete