Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm in the mood for being civilized.

Hey everyone, today I had an etiquette dinner. I learned etiquette. It was quite interesting.

So I get all dressed up as best I could. I was looking pretty spiffy in my button down shirt, Pokemon tie, khaki pants, black tennis shoes, and pink hair in a comb over. I combed my beard. That doesn't happen a lot.

So I get there and I meet up with some friends. We talk and converse. They had cheese and crackers for orderves. Sure I prefer American on Saltines, but cubed Cheddar on club is fine. It's cheese and crackers, and I haven't had them in forever. WARNING!!!!! TMI MOMENT!!!!! Not like I need the anti-fiber of cheese, but oh well.

Safe now. So we are schooled on manners and etiquette. The presenter was funny. He apparently wasn't very familiar with etiquette, but he still did a good job. Good presentation.

Now time for dinner. The big thing with this was we were supposed to meet people in the world and make some connections. We also learned things in etiquette. I sat with some friends and a lady from the school system.She was quite a conversationalist. There weren't many boring moments. She knew all the etiquette because that's how she was brought up.

This is a funny thing that happened during dinner. I just sit down, and we were told that drinking water was fine. Well the glass was quite full. I'm used to tilting my glass or cup early because it's never that full. Save me some time. Well I do that and spill my water. I can't keep clean. I just can't. In the words that I heard so many times when growing up, "it's only water, it'll dry." Yeah, oh well. Just hope water doesn't do anything to silk because that's what my Pokemon tie is made of. Well from what my table mates said, silk is OK with water. Sure hope so. Oh well, first impression, whoops, spilled my water.

We had a chicken thing, but I don't like chicken. I know, I'm weird. Oh well, the soup, role, veggies and cake were good. And anyways, I have the reserve fuel cells. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take an introductory bio class, or read a nutrition for dummies book. If you're still confused, ask someone with a knowledge in biology and nutrition.

So I better get to bed. Got chem lab tomorrow morning. This has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment