Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Gamer's Good Game Day

Words cannot explain the joy I'm feeling right now.

Here's the story, there's this video game store near my college. They have a bunch of old games, and some really rare ones as well. I don't have my N64 with me here at college. I have my snes 2 here because it's the only console I don't have connected to my TV at home. I have my snes 1 connected to my rats nest of cables. Well, today I went there, with $70 in my pocket an bought, well look at the title and figure it out. It's a big hint.

I walked in, and went over to the case it was in. Waited for the guy to ask if I needed help with something, to which I said "yes I'd like (Name Reviled at End)." His store is not just a store, it's also a hang out. I can say that because I would be there myself if it weren't for my work. Well one of the guys there saw that I was buying it. He asked "how much you got that listed for?" "$59.99." Those of us who knew the history educated the guy who didn't know. I'll cover the history when I make a review.

The short, not many copies were sold because Nintendo wouldn't advertise it to make it a success, only allowing ads to be in adult magazines like Playboy and late night television. The couple of people who were lucky enough to get it when it came out really enjoyed it and it gained a cult following. Because of that, it is now the Rarest and most sought after game for the N64.

The guy who owns the store appreciates a good game. He says he hates losing good games like this. Just recently he sold the in box final fantasy 3. I told him that this is the crown jewel of my collection. He had me inspect the game cartridge, make sure it was clean and all. I have 7 days to make sure it works. Even if it doesn't work, I don't know if I'll return it. It's the rarest game on the n64 for crying out loud.

Can't wait to go home and try it out. Well this has been happy gamer saying game on and have fun.

OK if you don't know what I'm talking about, I don't blame you, it is rare and obscure. It's Conker's Bad Fur Day. Here's me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment