Monday, May 30, 2011

water park fun and more

Hey everyone, what a day yesterday. It started out like most Sundays, wake up, go to church, come home home, then do nothing. Well there were some big differences that made it cool.

For starters, I stopped by a garage sale on my way home from church. I love those basement garbage sales, especially when I find something. This time, I found this amazing Luke Skywalker Plate for $10. Even if I wasn't a star wars fan I would have bought it. At bottom collectors price, I'd say I could get at least $30 online.

(click to buy on amazon)

So after that, I sit on my couch ready for a day of nothing. I ate mac n cheese for lunch, and got the remote ready for a day of channel surfing. But then my girlfriend called me up and asked if I wanted to go to the water park. Enjoying the water park and time with her,I jumped at the idea.

Her mom had to baby sit, and not wanting to have a 2 1/2 year old in her not baby proof house, she decided to take the 3 of them, and me, to our local enough water park. That was fun. The water park isn't really large, since all it has is a 3 slide water slide, wave pool, lazy river, and a kiddie area where in order to get in you need to be shorter than 43 inches. But it is still fun, and because it was opening day, admission was half price. Woohoo.

We went on the lazy river, went on the slides, and went in the wave pool. The wave pool was really cold, but the river was nice. Slide no complaining since the cold exit pool just gave extra incentive to get out quicker. It was really cool running into my friend who's a life guard there and graduated last year. He was monitoring the lazy river so we had a conversation that lasted a couple of sentences. He also gave me advice on how to go really fast on the water slide when he was guarding the exit pool. The was a few issues with my girlfriend and I but we resolved them.

There were some issues with the wave pool. There weren't any waves. We floated around for awhile. Then they fixed the waves so that was fun. But then some one was drowning. That was interesting. They stopped the waves with the emergency shut off and all the life guards gathered. 2 dived in to rescue the person. Then the waves started up again. By the end of the day I got my first sunburn of the season.

Then we come home and they drop me off. My mom comes out to say hi and asked if they kicked us out because of the weather. Apparently there were tornado warnings. Right after she asked that, the sirens start going. They run home and I go inside. My brother starts making a bunker basically in our basement. He's pulling all his emergency stuff down there, and other things he wants to keep safe. I remember we both did that one storm and we did have a would be bunker in the basement. At most we got rain, no big deal. He now has to bring everything back up.

Quite an eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment