Friday, May 20, 2011

Cider Point and Prom

Hey everyone, wow have I had a fun couple of days. First I went to Cider point in Sandusky Ohio on Wednesday for Physics and then Prom on Thursday. Today I have senior skip day but not sure if I'll do much today because I'm tired and many of my friends are busy doing other things. Then this week end is finals week end so I will pretty much lock myself in my room and study. But now on to the fun details.

Cider Point was really fun. Because it was with a class, we had an assignment to do that was related to physics, but thankfully it was small. We had a one page lab that was really simple; it was basically get some facts about the magnum, ride in the back row and time how long it takes to get to the bottom (I tied my cellphone to my wrist with dental floss by going through the charm anchor so I could use the stopwatch app), then do some simple calculations and question answering. It was so much better than the kids from other schools I saw that had to do this insanely complicated looking assignment where they had to take angles and stuff. And then our lab wasn't due until the day after so I did it after because I forgot the equations. Anyways it was a really fun day. I did almost every coaster and some of the lesser rides.
Here is a list of everything I did. I will say what each one was.
  • Sky ride (basically cable car)
  • Raptor (coaster)
  • Blue Streak (coaster)
  • Wild Cat (coaster)
  • Iron Dragon (coaster)
  • Cider Point and Lake Erie Railroad (little train that goes around the park and has a cool little scene)
  • Millennium Force (coaster)
  • Sky Hawk (a kind of giant swing set)
  • Gemini (coaster)
  • Magnum XL-200 (coaster)
  • Matterhorn (a spim around kind of thing)
  • Scrambler (speaks for it's self)
  • Disaster transport (coaster inside in complete darkness)
  • Space Spiral (space needle just different name)
  • Coasters Drive-In Restaurant (a really cool 50's style restaurant that has a working record juke box)
If your are wondering why I didn't ride Dragster or Maverick, well that's because the line was to long. Either way it was a really fun day. Because it was a weekday and really early in the season, and possibly the 30% chance of ran, there weren't many people so walk on lines. There was a slite line for Iron Dragon, but that one, as long as you have a spot that's near the river, is OK to wait in line. But you need to be by the river, because of one really fun thing. There are fish in the lake, so if you spit in the lake, the fist will try to eat it. If you've never done that, I suggest you do next time you go to Cider Point. You might be surprised as to how fun it is.

Over all fun day, and sorry for no pictures. By the time I realized it, it was to late.

Now for prom. Initially I wasn't going to go. Why? Because I'm not one for school social events. Prom was actually the first dance I've gone to. I actually had this plan of throwing anti-prom. But then my now girlfriend asked me to prom, initially as just friends because that's what we were at the time. That threw me threw a loop, so I told her to let me think on it. I did say yes in the end.

For some reason our school decided to have prom at a hotel in Detroit. It was a nice hotel ball room, but come on, there are so many other places we could have gone to that both my parents and darkened optimist's parents would be OK for us to drive to on our own. BTW, darkened optimist is my girlfriend and date to prom. These were our options, our parents drive us or we get a limo.Both of our parents are cool and all, but they know that that it's a little lame to be driven to your prom by your parents. So I got 8 other friends together and we went in a limo. I got my close friends and my friend from kindergarten together and all 10 of us crammed into a probably 8 person limo. We were told it was a 10 person but we now think it was an 8 person since it was so crowded. But we all like each other so the cram was fine.

Our parents took many pictures. Here's a group photo.
Here's one of just me and Darkened Optimist
Don't we look cute?
Here's the limo and us in it.


I have many other pictures but there are to many to upload here. Here's my MySpace with my prom album. 

So we get there, and we're like the first ones there. So we sit down at our table and just hang out like old times since nearly everyone now leaves for off campus classes at lunch. We all eat and then I went around and got pictures with most everyone I knew there. It was kind of just who I could find since a lot of people were crowded on the dance floor. I asked D. O. if she wanted to join me in my adventure but she didn't. Apparently that is a big boyfriend fopa, but being the man I am, I didn't know that. So then it was up to my gay friend to explain my mistake to me. It was strait out of a sitcom. We then patched things up, quite quickly might I add. So then we "danced" together. I use quotes because you could hardly call it dancing. Basically I waved my hands around similar to how other people were doing and just kind of stepped back and forth. Then when I was looking for people to take pictures with, I kind of did a fresh prince thing where I sort of danced my way across the dance floor while looking for people I knew.

Unfortunately there was only one "slow" song so the dancing lessons my parents gave me didn't get used a lot. But it was still fun even if they played only hip-hop and rap. The only line dancing they did was cupid shuffle. I was looking forward to the makarena, and I requested it, but no. It was still fun. D. O. and I "danced" most of the night. At one point my best friend and I had a "white off" where we tried to out white boy dance each other. Neither of us have beet so it was funny.

Afterwards, 7 of us went to one of our hoses where we pulled a most of the night nighter. We watched vampires suck and harry potter 7 on his probably 56 inch TV. There was one after harry potter but I forget what it was since I fell asleep after potter. It was kind of funny how we wished each other happy 1, 2, and 3 am. I was then woken up by my mom texting me at 6 to ask when I was getting home. She wasn't worried, just wondering. I then left and came back.
Here is me after all the festivities.

Fun day. Well that's all I have for now. Until again, this is Pokematic signing off, and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment