Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Reconecting with my formal self

Hey everyone, I got this letter in the mail yesterday. Yes, a letter from a person in the mail that wasn't an advertisement. Such a novel thought in this current age of technology, but it gets cooler. It was from myself. Now before you start talking about how weird I am for sending myself a letter, let me tell you it was from my 8th grade self. Cool huh?

In 8th grade, our teacher had us write a letter to our future selves that she would send out at the end of our senior year. Being the end of my senior year, I got my letter from my past. Here's the short, I haven't changed a bit, except I spell better now.

Here's the long with direct quotes and responses to them. So you know who's who, past will be 8 and present will be 12.

8: Remember the stupid brases. O how I missed the lemons.
12: Kind of forgot about them but love my lemons now.

8: Be your self and don't kare about critisism.
12: I still am and you spelled "care" wrong.

8: You better still have your beard or have shaved it off bacause mon and dad, and everyone els in the family forced you or some people payed you 5 dollers each.
12: Only shaved it once for a job but quit because I love it so. We can get it long enough now that we can stick a pen in it.

8: You better still have on the orange wrist band fron the Bavaryan in bacause we want to set a world record.
12: Sorry me but it fell off because it disintegrated.

8: If any of thease things don't hapen, I will tere open a portal in time and corect th problems.
12: I look forward to your visit, but no problems. You would be proud of us.

8: You better still be thinking out side the box. We must invent. We must become rich like the Fed Ex kincos guy. That (censored because I don't want to give away my product ideas) won't invent themselves.
12: Still are, forgot about that one idea. Thanks for the reminder. Don't worry, we're going to college for that.

8: Remember the old videoes we used to watch and hopefully still do. Never let Mom or Dad or (brother name censored) get rid of the old tapes. Same thing goes for the DVDs.
12: I watch the tapes and DVDs occasionally. We still have them don't you worry.

8: Remember how resorce full I was. You better fallow in my footsteps. You know that stuff has saved your butt many times.
12: Still quite resourceful. We now carry around 4 pounds of stuff every day.

8: The only reason I'm writing in red ink is because (teacher name ccensored) wouldn't let me write in my trusty pencil. Every year in Middle school, I alwayse had one pencil that only I used and is the only one I used.
12: Don't worry, when everyone complains about our pencil writing being to light, we will transfer to pen and only use pen when necessary. We still have the special pencil superstition.

8: Hopefully you beat Legend of Zelda at (our grandparents) house by now. The only excuse I will exept is "The Nes scrued up my data and I have to start over."
12: Sorry but it didn't happen. We lost interest when we couldn't find the next dungeon.

8: You better still have the Pokémon colection because that stuff will be worth a fortune.
12: Don't worry, saved it when Mom had us clean out the basement. We actually get more.

8: Along with the Star Wars stuff.
12: Now you lost me. I'm sure we still have it but don't know exactly what.

8: You can't get rid of the other video games because those are fun. When I get there, all the colection must still be there and hopefully larger than when I left.
12: Much larger. It has probably grown 3 times larger than you remember. And it's still all there.

8: If you remember me, all of my expectations will be fofilled.
12: Don't worry, things turned out good for us.

End.

I wish I could see me now. I would be proud of myself. When I have my friends over after our last day, we're all going to write letters to our future selves. It's really fun if you've never done it. You get to see how much you have and haven't changed. Aside from spelling and other really minor things, I haven't changed at all. I would be best friends with myself.
Well I better get back to figuring out how to tear a portal in time so I can see myself in another 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment