Monday, July 25, 2011

Seeing Harry Potter in the IMAX

Hey everyone, Pokematic here with another adventure, or more like the end to an adventure. I recently went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 at the IMAX at the Henry Ford museum. You can read my review of the movie here, but now's the time to talk about the experience.

Ever since Prisoner of Azkaban, my family and a family of friends went to the Henry Ford IMAX to see the Potter movies. We started that 7 years ago when it came out, and now it's over. It was fun. I am a hat man, and as such, I have many hats. I have 3 Harry Potter hats. Now I'm not such a bad nerd that I have 3 wizard hats and say that they are Harry Potter hats. They are all baseball caps, one says Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, one says Raven Claw, and the last one has a Hogwarts shield on it. All of them are small on me. I wore HP5 hat to see HP5.

Now onto the IMAX experience. The Henry Ford IMAX theater is the largest IMAX screen in Michigan. It is quite impressive. They show many made for IMAX movies there, and the few that I've seen are really good. Before every show, they do a demonstration of what the theater is capable of. It's a 2 story screen. It is gigantic. In the demonstration, they always show off the amazing speaker set up. They have 2 speakers in the back of the theater, 4 behind the screen, and one sub base behind the screen. It's quite impressive, they immerse us in the sounds of the rain forest.

Then there is the projection room display. There is this giant glass window on the back of the projection room. I love to see it every time I go there. There is also a speaker with a button that tells you what is happening. The bulb is so powerful it can be seen from the moon. It's just so cool.

Every year we would take a picture by the big Harry Potter poster. Here is the final one.

If you can, I highly recommend the Henry Ford and the IMAX. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu bye

No comments:

Post a Comment