Wednesday, July 13, 2011

8 Movies in 2 days

Hey everyone. You know that rush you get when you find a coupon that expires today so you run out to the store to use it? Well I don't blame you. It's hard on the frugal and can leave you with a situation that's less than pleasant. Well yesterday was the last day to use the "free rentals for A's" at Family Video. Well being the good student I am, I got 5 free rentals, and my brother had 2 free rentals from his report card. For those of you who are bad at math, that's 7 rentals. And for those of you who are paying attention, that's one less than the title. The missing movie comes from watching one at the Movie Theater. Tuesdays are free popcorn days and I wrote this on a Tuesday.
DVDs

Jeff Dunham Arguing with Myself
Green Hornet
True Grit

Inception
Wonder Woman
Ponyo
Social Network

theaters
Cars 2

Based on the linked titles for DVD you might be able to guess which ones were good and which were bad. For those lame-o's who don't follow me since I signed up for Amazon associates, I don't link to bad things, only good.

Jeff Dunham was funny as usual. It was edgier than spark of insanity. I prefer spark but both are incredibly funny.

Green Hornet was incredibly funny. I was not expecting it to be so funny. It's a super hero movie but the writing was so awful, it was hilarious.

True Grit sucked. It was to slow and hard to follow. It could have been so better, but no.

Inception was good but incredibly weird. If you don't pay attention, you will be lost.

Wonder Woman was amazing. It was not only a great action DC super hero movie, but also a commentary on sexism and such.

Ponyo was Miazaki. He's awesome and Disney did a great job with the dub. The only thing you can ever complain about with the Disney dub is that they use voice actors from their cartoons and you will sit there for half the movie wondering "where have I heard that voice before?"

The social network was the worst movie ever. I have no idea how it got an Oscar. I couldn't finish it because it was so boring and went absolutely no where.

Cars 2 was great. I loved the first one and this was way more. It involved so many more characters, and this time it focused on Mater instead of Lightning McQueen. But the 3d wasn't necessary. Some scenes looked good and pixar tried there best, but go see it in 2d and you won't miss anything.

Full reviews coming soon.
I wanted to return the DVDs at midnight, but wasn't and returned at about 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment