Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rib-off the 13th day three and another party

This is a bit of a boring blog. Read days one and 2 for more entertaining stories.

Hey everyone, the rib ff officially ended today and I almost went to see Michael W. Smith in concert and went to a party.

What was left of the rib-off was just some clean-up and breakfast. All I really did was take our big cooler back over to our house, grab some chairs, and grab some of our tables. Breakfast consisted of bagels, doughnuts, and leftover non-ribs. My brother and I took back a pic-nic table that belongs to our neighbors, and because he had his car in the driveway we weren't able to take it back to his backyard. We probably could have found a better place for it for the time being, but we just put it in his front yard. It looked kind of funny.

Now is the time where I almost see Michael W. Smith. Pizza Hut had this promotion thing where they had these flier things that had a promotion code what we enter online and get discounted tickets, like half off. Well Pizza hut didn't have them anymore, but my mom's friend got them when they did. She had them in her car at her work, so we agreed to meet her and pick them up. There was some miss communication that caused us to be at the wrong entrance, but it gave me some tie to read about the wifi options there. I got the things but when I went to get the tickets, the promotion had expired. I've seen him in concert many times, but it's still fun. Oh well.

Now on to the party. This was the annual after camping party with all the camping friends. It was fun, even though there wasn't much. My one friend and I played backgammon for a little while. This was the first time he's ever played, so I taught him how to play. I think I set the board up wrong, but it was still fun. He one 1 game and I won 1 game. After that we played chess. It went on for a really long time. I won, but only after I found moves for him that proved that it wasn't check mate. I play to win, but if my opponent needs help I'll help him, and still win.

Well that was my day. This has been Pokematic signing off and bu bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment