Friday, August 5, 2011

Home Alone

Hey everyone, something happened that hasn't happened before. My parents left for the weekend and my brother is at camp. I have the house all to myself! Before you start jumping to conclusions, I didn't have the stereotypical no parents party. I couldn't, none of my friends were available. 2 of my friends and I have been compiling a list of movies we need to all watch together. This would have been the perfect time to do that. I was even given expressed permission that they could stay over and watch the movies. Only problem, they were both unavailable. I invited others over, and they were busy too. I couldn't have a party if I tried, and I did.

Well one thing I have been enjoying was having the family room and TV set up all to myself. Typically my brother and I have to fight over the TV, typically ending in even share over time. Well not having to fight over it is great. I don't have to watch call of duty or other stupid xbox 360 games. I like using the hulu plus option. I have a free trial because I connected my facebook and hulu accounts. I don't have gold, but my brother does. He doesn't have hulu, but I do. We share the plus account because we each have one half to the puzzle.  I've also taken a computer monitor that has a larger screen than my laptop and have been using that to stream crackle videos on. If you don't know crackle, go to www.crackle.com right now. It's a video site similar to hulu but owned by Sony so it's all Sony owned movies and TV shows. Quite good, they got Seinfeld. Would do an amazon link, but it's free on Crackle.

And here's a kind of funy thing. I went to the surveys page of swagbucks and this is what happened. There was a survey that said I had a 100% chance of acceptance, and it rejected me after the first qualifying question. What the hell? Well this is what happened next. I tried for a survey that said I had a 5% chance of acceptance and I was accepted. I'm glad I was able to take a survey and get 50 swagbucks, but realy, 100% chance and rejected after first question but accepted on 5%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 100% typically mean certain and 5% means a step above impossible? Oh well, still love swagbucks.

I'm going to watch more hulu plus and spin some vinyl. I love records. Later.

1 comment: