Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Nastalgia, movies, and a trim to close.

Hey everyone, man do I have a story for you. Let give a little background for you first. Every Tuesday my grandpa and I go to the movies because they run a promotion where you get free popcorn any size with the purchase of a ticket. It's a draw to get you in and buy other concessions, but free popcorn is good. Well because my grandparents really enjoy having me over I stayed over at there house last night so we could go to the movies the next day.

They have the digital preferred or whatever and get way more channels than I do. We have the same cable provider but I have the basic with less than 100 channels and they have the one with over 200 channels plus hd. With the extra channels comes teennick. I like teennick because of the good shows and older shows not on nick anymore like True Jackson VP and drake and josh. Well when watching it I saw a commercial for "90s are all that." Wow nostalgia overload right there. Wait I had way more nostalgia overload when nicktoons actually showed old cartoons from the 90s. Why did you have to change for lesser cartoons? WHY?????????????????????????????????????? Huh, oh yeah, nostalgia at 90s on nick. If you have teennick and find an opportunity to stay up until 2 am, I recommend it crazily. It's All That, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, and Doug. It starts at midnight and goes on until 2 with an encore from 2 until 4 every weekday. If you don't get teennick or can't stay up that late on a weekday, or just want more 90s nick, log on to www.90sareallthat.com. It has more episodes and more shows. So cool.

After sleeping off that staying up late, my grandpa and I went to the movies. Our normal theater didn't have any movies we wanted to see or haven't seen yet. Luckily I brought my laptop and one of their neighbors had an open wifi signal. I looked up the movies at a different theater that shows last run movies. We went to see Green Lantern. My grandpa was a little sceptical because he apparently never heard of it. But he loved it. Read my review here. I did stay after the credits because I thought there would be a teaser afterwards, and then stayed even longer. They had a bunch of legal stuff at the end of the credits that was kind of funny. There was stuff about how "no tobacco company payed us to show tobacco" and stuff like that. Next they showed the Warner Brothers logo, then the rating of the movie. Due to film grain I could tell it was actual movie film, and at the end, it had the count down thing, the random screen test things, and then nothing. It was cool.

Last is a little story about miss judging the length of a trimmer clip. Since I'm going away in 2 weeks and I probably won't be getting a hair cut or trimming my beard while I'm at college, my parents have been nagging me to trim my beard. Well I trimmed and could only find one clip. I deiced to use it and this is what happened.
It's so short! Ahhhhhhh. It's not a beard it's shadow. Oh well it'll grow back and I'll be bushy again. Well that was today. This has been Pokematic signing off and bu bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment