Thursday, August 11, 2011

Going to the Verizon Store and Cleaning Out My Room, and converting

Hey everyone, yet another day in the life of Pokematic. Today I converted VHS tapes to DVD, went to the Verizon store, and cleaned out my room. While that may not sound super interesting, it actually was. Let me start out with the converting.

We have a family friend who has a son that is 4, and we have a bunch of tapes from when I was that age. The tapes right now were basically collecting dust, because I have no use to watch them. While partially because I have outgrown them, I have seen them all at least 200 times. Back then we didn't have cable, so I would watch the tapes because there was rarely anything on over the air that was age appropriate. Well I'm converting over Veggie Tales, Donut Man, 321 Penguins!, Bible Man, Adventures in Odyssey, and McGee and me. Now I don't really consider this violation of copyright. I would have given them the tapes but they don't have a VCR so to pass on the videos, I am putting them on to DVD. Here is a video of my set-up.
That's a DVD/VCR recorder combo with a small black and white tube TV that isn't cable ready and has only one input jack for video only. I was hoping that there was a copy function like with an other one that my mom brought home from school. So I have our personal VCR/DVD combo connected to it (not in picture) running to the DVD recorder/VCR combo (in picture) then running to the TV, just so I can see what I'm doing.

Well aside from converting tapes to DVD, I also went to the Verizon store. My mom was having some troubles with her phone, and being the tech person in the family, it was up to me to take it in and see if I could get it fixed. The problem was that it wasn't turning on. Well I took it in and apparently the battery was dead. We have a feeling that the charger is bad and that's why there is no charge on the battery. Well I had some fun playing around with the demo phones and tablets. The Samsung Galaxy Tab has a keyboard docking station. More tablets should have those. It makes them more practical. I also played with the Sony Xperia Play. Happy Gamer really enjoyed that. He even wrote an entry in the ccpandhg site. You can read that here. Well we shall see how the phone holds out.

Well the last thing I did was clean out my room some. It wasn't a full clean. I've kind of been working in parts. First was I cleaned off the top of my dresser, but that was a few weeks ago. Today I cleaned off a desk with 4 drawers. I found a lot of pencils and put them with the family set of pencils and pens. I found a Kennedy Silver Dollar. I added that to my collection of coins. I also found a lot of cool stuff, like a mood ring that fits perfectly on my pinkie. I organized the drawers into categories. It sure seemed like I would have to get rid of a lot to get it all to fit. But surprisingly, I just had to move some stuff around and now there is plenty of space. Now I just have to go through the shelves and it'll be all good. It was a bit like Auction Hunters. I go in and find all this cool stuff.

Well it was an interesting day. Kind-of fun. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment