Thursday, August 25, 2011

For my last class, I want to cover evrything

Hey everyone, as mentioned in my last post titled "Goodbye, but only for now," I mention that my last karate class was tonight. In a typical class, we typically cover various aspects of forms and work on application of such. But tonight wasn't a typical class, it was my last one at the dojo that I have been working at for years. 11 strait years of practice ans studying, with a lot learned. So for my last class, what should we work on? Last forms? First forms? CBAs? Basics? How about everything? Yep, everything, that's what I want to work on. Now even if I was at a bigger dojo, I probably would still have dibs on what we work on. We are a very personal style. But especially since my home dojo is very calm and not crowded during the summer, it tends to be just me and one other person. Well tonight was just me.

So you may be wondering, how did we cover everything? We started with the basics. Ichi punch, ni kick, son punch, and all the way up to ju. We worked on what each strike did, where it went, what we stuck with, and so on. We dissected the strikes and did it for an hour. It's a 2 hour class, but I typically tire out after an hour and thirty minutes. But in order to cover everything, I needed all 2 hours.

So after the basics, we worked on the CBAs. That's combined basics advanced. We combine the basics into multiple strike sets. We didn't dissect everything with them since we basically did that with the basics. That only lasted 10 minutes because we didn't need to dissect everything. After the CBAs, we worked on the forms. I know all 10 forms, and can typically do them do them within a few minutes. But this time we did them slowly working on aspects. Not a lot, on specific, but work on each. That lasted 50 minutes, and that was my 2 hour workout.

It was a rather nice end to over a decade of learning and practicing. Really good end. Instead of focusing on one aspect, I find it a good end to do everything. I'm glad I was able to end on such a nice note. I will try to visit when I can. But when I have breaks, there probably won't be class because it's a holiday. Hopefully I can continue my study while at college, but it won't be the same. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment