Friday, December 16, 2011

Taking everything home on the train

Hey everyone, I'm now home and happy. But you're not here to hear me talk about how good it is to be home, you want to hear about the adventure in getting home.

Well it all started yesterday, when I started packing up all my stuff. I brought home almost everything but the kitchen sink. And since I don't have a kitchen sink in my dorm, it was everything. I rounded up all my dirty clothes and put them in my duffel, and then all the returnables, in the duffel as well, then some entertainment for when I'm home. I think it looks pretty official.

It doesn't really look like that now, a lot more stuff in it now, but I couldn't help myself. It was really heavy.

I get allergy shots every 3 weeks, and sine it's a 3 week vacation, I needed to bring my viles home. They need to keep refrigerated, but I have no cooler. I got creative and went to the local party store, got a cup full of ice, and put my viles in them. I labels it so I had no confusion.

Styrofoam. I've done all nighters with a pop with only a little ice and most of the ice survived the night. That made it perfect, and it only cost 50 cents. A lot cheaper than if I got one of those disposable coolers. It worked great. All the viles and some ice survived. Yay.

At my school we have these things called dinning dollars, for us to spend outside our meal plan. They're included with meal plan and don't carry over to the next semester. I had 2 days to spend all of them. I went to a cafe/convenience store that accepts them 4 times and bought about $40 worth of snacks and junk food over the 4 trips. On average $10 each time, and still didn't spend all of it. I took almost all of it with me on the train. Made things a little difficult.

So here's the thing, I have my duffel weighing probably somewhere around 30 pounds, my backpack with my laptop and paraphernalia and snuggie with my lap desk dangling off of the pack, my shoulder sack with all my handheld gaming and comics/manga full to capacity, and singe sack full of snacks and allergy viles. The duffel is on wheels but it was still very cumbersome. I had to take it down the 4 flights of stairs of my dorm, then walk across campus to the bus station. Once there I wait there until my bus to show. The bus takes me to the train station and I wait for the train. The train was 30 minutes late so my wait time was about 1 and 1/2 hours. Good thing I brought a lot to do.

The train comes and I get on and settle in. There wasn't much that happened. Watched darkwing duck the entire 4 hours home. It was a cross state trip. Though when driving it takes 2 1/2 hours. It's the stops that take the time. I had snacks and such that I brought. My brother came and picked me up from the station. I'm now home. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment