Friday, April 15, 2011

My New Phone

Hey everyone. A couple of days ago, I said that my phone died and that I was getting a new one. It came in today, and it's a Samsung Intensity. It's a good phone despite some flaws and some issues in activation. Here is my story.

Since my old phone just lost it's screen capabilities and was otherwise undamaged, I was able to get my contacts transferred. It probably would have been a good idea to have backed them up when I was backing up everything else, but that didn't cross my mind, especially since the last time my phone died they were able to transfer my contacts. But unlike last time, my new phone came through FedEx instead of going to the Verizon store. My old phone charged via usb, but the charger that came with it wasn't an actual usb cord to the computer but instead plugged solely into the wall. Well my new phone also charges by the same usb size, but this time came with a cord that plugs into the usb port on a computer with a wall outlet adapter.

After my dad and I activated my new phone, we plugged it into our family lap top so we could possibly transfer data. It failed so we went to the Verizon store where we knew they would be able to transfer my contacts. We signed in at the sign-in terminal, played around with the display phones, I gave one of the sales associated my old phone and new phone, told him what I needed done, played with the display phones some more, then got my phone with all my contacts.

The phone is cool, and has good features. The only thing I'm going to miss is the video taking capability. Yes that's right, the Samsung intensity can't take video. While not a feature I use all the time, I did use the video camera on my old phone to take random Pokematic videos and other videos of my friends goofing off together. Oh well, I'll just take pictures then. Somehow I'll find a way to take random videos, just not with my phone.

I'm adjusting to my phone well. While I'm still getting used to the layout of my new keyboard, it's coming along well. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment