Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pin Coushion and soapbox derby

Hey everyone, sorry if this isn't as good as it could be. I was going to write this last night but I crashed at about 11, slept with the overhead light and TV on until about 4 am. Then I turned off the TV and overhead light, moved into my bed,  and then slept until 10 am. I can't remember the last time I slept for 11 hours. Wow.

OK so yesterday was the day I get my allergy shots. I get a shot in the right and a shot in the left. Well because it's becoming flu season, I asked about getting my flu shot. Because I'm allergic to this preservative that's in the normal flu shot, I need to get a special one that doesn't have it. Because of the lack of preservatives, I was expecting that I'd have to make an appointment and come back at a later date. Low and behold, they had one. So I got it, and thus I was a pin cushion for the day. Luckily having needed to get allergy shots for many years, I have gotten over my fear of needles for the most part. Probably would still be afraid of arm needles, but oh well.

So I walk out of the health center, and in honor of homecoming, there was this soap box derby with RSOs and clubs racing downhill in their cars. I think they were over halfway through the tournament when I showed up. The first race that I saw was one between this one RSO and another one who's cart seemed like it was just thrown together. The one wheel I was sure was going to fall off but miraculously it stayed on and he got to the bottom of the hill. I did see one guy flip. I wouldn't say it was cool if he got hurt, but he didn't get hurt so it was cool. DSK, the organization that I belong to, won the competition. Yay we are awesome.

Well I'm going to go eat lunch because I missed breakfast. Then I'm going to figure out the bus system for the city. This has been Pokematic signing off and bu bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment