Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mr College man full week

Hey everyone, after a week of fall welcome stuff, it is finally the weekend. If you have been following your3minutes, you know what the week has been like. But here is all of them. And disregard the blog before this. So lets start.

8/29/11
Hey everyone, I just moved into my room today. We stayed overnight at a hotel that's close to my college. We packed up everything, and hulled away to school.

So we start bringing my stuff up after I check in. I will give a full room tour later. Well unpacking was a bit of a hassle. My grandparents tried to help but just got in the way a bit, god bless them. Well we said our goodbyes and it was a bit hard. I'm getting a bit choked up right now as I write while I remember.

So now we have some get to know each other activities. I can't remember all of them at the moment. We saw some things and got to know each other.
8/30/11

More orientation. I first woke up to early. We saw where some places were and then had free time. I watched star wars robot chicken 3. Very funny. Then there was dinner and a meet and greet thing. I met new people, somewhat. But then after that I found some high school people. I know the point is to meet new people, but that's now how I tend to make friends. Normally it's become friends of my current friends, and get to know people I kind of know from a forced situation, like school. We all decided that at some point we all need to ride the train back home together. Well until later.

8/31/11
Today was a ceremony where we saw all the deans and people. We then had pizza with the profs, where we had pizza lunch with professors from our college. We had a presentation where we learned basic etiquette for professionalism. There was then this thing where a bunch of clubs and organizations let us know about what they do. I looked into this safe driving thing where we give students rides anywhere within the community for free. I might even be the it guy. Then there was this play thing called risky business where they told us all about dangerous things and how to handle them. The part that sticks out in my mind was the parody of "fuck/forget you" addressing safe sex. It was funny. Then we did an unofficial get to know and bonding activity with my group. Until tomorrow.

9/1/11
Today was crazy. Absolutely crazy. First I'll start off with the beginning. We first had this diversity thing, play that had a bunch of different people and their stereotype. The closest thing they came to representing white people was with the "redneck." With all the diversity stuff I get fed, not once do I see white people. We are people too, and we face adversity, some times. But truly, if you want diversity, have white people in addition to all the other races. They get all the politically correct terms on standardized test things; "Latino American," "African American," "Pacific Islander," ect. What do we get? White. Not Caucasian, white.

Annoyed white guy done now, time to talk about lunch,ish. It was like this sampling of all these different places around campus and student organizations. I sampled a fair amount of the food. Probably should have had something more substantial, but oh well.

The evolution of dance guy came today and gave us a presentation. It was really good.

9/2/11
Today hasn't really been my day, but it had it's good points. Well for starters I forgot my cell phone in my room in the morning. Now I wan't woried about not having my life line with me, I was just worried that it fell out of my pocket, because it has happened before. It just caused some stress.

Now for the big thing. Today was the last day of fall welcome, and we had one last speaker. He was a good speaker and all and very powerful and passionate, but full of lies for me personally. For starters his big thing that he will teach everyone to juggle. I have tried to learn to juggle, and I never really got beyond the scarfs, or the second ball, or first for that matter. I have horrible sports coordination, so bad that 99.99999999999999999999999% of the time I drop the ball when people toss me one. Then when I don't drop it I full body catch it, not just one handed. So yeah, can't juggle, and quite frankly I don't care.

I did see bridesmaids for free at a public screening. Very funny movie.

Throughout. It is really hot. Super hot. Hate the heat. This experience reminds me sortof like a camp thing. Only difference, I don't go home after the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment