Monday, September 26, 2011

House sitting on the farm

Hey everyone, man is this cool. Last weekend I house sat for my aunt who lives 20 minutes away from my college. Now this may not be so interesting, except that my aunt's house is awesome. Let me paint a picture.

It's out in farm country. There is a big electic fence surounding the property. I didn't measure it out, but I think the property was about an acre or some large plot. In the middle, is a yellow house. There is a long circle driveway leading up to it. In the middle of the circle driveway is a flagpole with old glory flying proudly. Around back there is a small barn with a caral with 4 horses. There is another driveway leading up to the garage. The house is not small, at least relative to my eye and I live in a small dorm room.

I felt as if I were in a movie. I won't go into much detail on the interior because it isn't all that interesting. Think "old fashion decore meets moddern conviencences." But here's one thing. The living room, was larger than my dorm room. I could have lived in there for the weekend and I'd have felt open.

So now that the visuals are done, now for some story stuff. Well when my aunt picked me up, showed me around, and told me how to take care of the animals I was incharge of. She took me out to dinner, and I had ribs. That was so good. After eating burgers, fries, hotdogs, waffles, and other dorm food, those ribs were amazing. She left the next morning leaving me incharge of the 2 dogs and cat. I had writen instructions and did everything the night before. It took some time for the animals to warm up to me, but they did and it was all fine.

What I primarily did was homework. I had this writen assignment for a class that I planned on doing that weekend since I'd be away from the noise and distractions of dorms. I did get it all done, but it took me both days since I had some writers block on Sturday. During that time I went outside and took a little walk. Looked around and saw all the interesting things. Went over to look at the horses, but kept at a distance that I felt safe at. Here is what I know about horses; don't do somethign that might spook them like sudden movement, and I don't know proper handling so look but don't touch. It was interesting because I got maybe within 5ft of the coral and just stood there. There were 4 horses, 3 adult and 1 young. Who I will refer to as the alpha horse, came over first to test to see what I was doing. After the they noted that I wasn't a threat, the other 2 adults came over with the young sheilded from me behind them. Once they felt comfortable, the young peered through to get a look at me. It was quite interesting.

Well asside from that not much else happened. I ate pizza for dinner last night and left over pizza for breakfast. I did a couple loads of laundry there since it's free. Watched Hey Arnold, 2001 a space odysse, Fat Head, and Jeff Dunham Christmas special on Netflix. Showered in a nice shower. Did homework. Well until next time, this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

PS: If you have Netflix, watch Fat Head. If your local video store, assuming you still have one, has Fat Head, rent it now. If you have some other way of LEAGALLY watching it, go watch it. Bassically this guy goes on a McDiet but loses weight and turns nutrition as we know it on it's head. Here's a link to buy it if you trust me enough bassed on this mini synopsis.

No comments:

Post a Comment