Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lots of cars today

Hey everyone, there were a lot of cars in my day today, or at least they played a semi-important part in it. Well first I will talk about the first instance. Well this weekend is the big game between us and our biggest rival. As a fund raiser for something, there was a car bash with our rivals colors and initials on it. There was the option of $1 for 30 seconds with a sledge humor, $1 for 30 seconds with a sousaphone, or $2 for 1 minute. I saw some people do the sousaphone, but I did sledge. I don't think I did much but did put a few dings in it. I saw one guy climb on top and start beating the roof. His sledge got stuck and he called a time out. I had on my typical safety vest, but then had to wear protective gloves, a hard hat, and protective goggles. I looked like I came from the construction set next door.

Well now for the the second time with cars, and the reason why I am still up at 5 am. There is a driving service provided for free on a donation basis. I volunteered for a shift since it counts for the service hours I need for the honors college. Well it runs from 11pm-3-am but will go over if we still have calls in the cue. Well I got there, did the refresher training course, and drove around while my navigator told me where to go. I have some funny stories. I won't tell anything that the patrons said because that would violate our confidentiality, but I will talk about some of the crazy things that weren't patron related. Well because we use rental cars, I wasn't used to how the car was. Unknown to me, this was a car where I had to turn on the lights manually. My car back home has auto lights, and since I don't usually travel at night, I didn't realise that my lights were off. I drove around for maybe 50 minutes without my lights on. I think some people were trying to tell me that they were off, but I didn't recognise the signals. Eventually a police officer told me that my lights were off and that I need to have them on. Fumbling around trying to figure out how to turn them on, and since it was a big game weekend with a lot of parties, he asked if I was the sober one. I answered yes and said that it's a rental. Since I wasn't drunk or MIP, or some other crime typically accosted with college partying, and since he was on foot and I wasn't going really fast and was in residential, ho ticket, no licence check, just make sure lights are on.

So a little while after that, a couple of college kids knocked on our door and asked for a ride. More of a joke probably. Either way they didn't get the ride. Now here's a kind of funny thing. These guys car stalled and 5 guys got out and started to push. Now it wouldn't have been so funny if they didn't have their pants half-way off in the "gangsta" style. So 5 guys with their pants half off are all pushing this SUV over train tracks and through an intersection. If they just pulled their pants up it wouldn't have struggled so much. This was definitely a had to be there moment to fully get, but figure it was good enough to at least mention.

So now for probably the funniest part. So we get to this place to pick up some one. We're looking for our client, but while doing the searching, a guy asks us if they were towing since they needed a place to park and there was no parking spaces. I answer that I don't know. Well 2 other times we went to the same place and I think the same guy asked about parking. Once some guy kept asking if they were towing and we kept saying, "we don't know." It was probably because we had a light on the top of our car and the fact that I had a safety vest on. By now I am used to people thinking I have some kind of authority due to the vest. Just gets annoying when they don't leave me alone after I say "I don't work here." Funny.

Well I'm about to fully crash. Until next time, this has been Pokematic signnilllllging oooooofffff and bubye. Sorry my right ring finger likes to spasm whennnnn immmmmm reallllly tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

No comments:

Post a Comment