Monday, July 23, 2012

My last concert, and some fun at the zoo

Hey everyone, well here's some possibly depressing news, but it was coming anyways. For the past month I've been playing with the high school Jazz Band, the same one I played with during my years in high school, well not the exact same since most of my friends graduated with me. Well last Wednesday was our last gig of the year, the annual JARC gig at the Detroit Zoo. We play for about an hour and then get to go into zoo afterwards for free. The gig went well. We played some good Jazz tunes, but my favorite was when we played 25 or Six to Four. It's the only piece I would solo on. I soloed and it was fun. I would have recorded it, but I would have had to set up my lat top, do sound checks, had someone run it, and then do something with it while I went in the zoo. My dad got some pics though.

It went well. Afterwards I went through the zoo with my brother. We had our fun. Unfortunately my favorite exhibits, the butterfly/bird house and penguin house, was closed. Oh well, still had fun. I saw a bunch of exotic animals. We had fun at the reptile house, especially when we saw some lizards getting it on. Some parents had to explain that "they were wrestling."

There was free food, well included because there was a charge to get in normally. I had a hot dog and a Pepsi, no product placement, because I prefer coke products, more specifically sprite. Coca-cola company, I'm willing, send me checks, or stock.

After I ate we went to other things. I got a picture of me in front of Rackam Fountain. Here it is.

One of the great newer exhibits is the kangaroo exhibit. It's open with the kangaroos running around. We have a path to stay on and the kangaroos just run everywhere. Once I had one kind of come up to me and since they can get dangerous, and they warn against it, I was being really cautious. But that was 2 years ago, and this time nothing.

We got to see them feed the Polar Bears and seals, and that was really cool. The seal was doing tricks. Then in the farm area, the horses were fighting, like with kicking and biting and stuff. That was interesting.

An exhibit I really like is the greater apes exhibits. Unfortunately they didn't have all them out, but I got some picks of my hand against the moldings of other apes. Here they are.


















I had fun. It was fun. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment