Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy independence day

Hey everyone, yeah that's right, independence day. I had the day off in honor of the independence of our great nation, or for you outside the US, the great country that is the US. Like many Americans, I would have likely celebrated with a Barbecue, but it was to damn hot and humid today. I had trouble walking to my car it was so miserable. Instead some of my family and I went to Golden coral, and I had steak, ribs, pot roast, cotton candy, and chocolate dipped things. Yummy. I went to the movies with my grandpa, like we did on Tuesday before I had a job. We went and saw the Amazing Spiderman. Review here. Now I would have gone to the sort of local fireworks display, but storms were on and off and right before the show started, or would leave for it, storms went on again. Thankfully I went to the fireworks I've been going to for years a week or so back. And the lightning caused some serious flashing, and people have been setting them off, so I can look out my window and see them. All fireworks were declared legal this year in my state, so people have been enjoying the freedom.

Now for a look at what Independence day is to me. As a proud conservative American, this is the birth of our great nation. While not quite as important as it is with veterans day, it's a day to remember the men and women who've died for this great nation. Fireworks celebrate our separation from Britain, even though we're cool now right British friends? Back yard barbecues, yet another way for us to celebrate independence with our friends and family. Listen to a rendition of the national anthem, but with so many versions out there, I won't pick it for you. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment