Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A follow up to "the largest buzzkill EVER"

For the original, click here.

Hey everyone, well it's been a little over a year since I wrote "the largest buzzkill EVER." I was cleaning out some school stuff and found the original popcorn bag and paper towel I wrote it on so I decided I'd better get around to uploading the pictures. After that, I decided to read it to see how true their predictions ended up.

For starters, I recall having a very good summer with no cares about school. My grandma wanted to bring up the fact that "it's so amazing that you're in college now." I explained to her many times, "I don't think about that. It's summer, a time for not even thinking about school. Don't even mention it in the slightest." After about 3 times she caught on, and stopped bringing it up until 1 week left in summer when you do have to seriously think about it.

School chants and fight song, don't know the chants but do know the fight song. It's important to know the fight song, but since I don't do sports, I figure it'd be a waist of memory.

Now for the big thing on changing. Long story short, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. (Raspberry) I'm still the same geeky kid I was when I went there. As I said, I don't change, I amplify. I still love cartoons, anime, and collecting video games, but maybe just a little bit more. I'm far more interested in politics, but still a conservative republican, so suck it liberal indoctrination camp. Well to be honest, my professors didn't really get into politics, and the one that did was conservative. I did lose weight, 15 pounds actually. But happy about it and good amplify. To any one who is afraid of college changing you and you have no control over it, it's garbage. You'll change only if you want to. You'll probably mature because it's a lot closer to the real world, but your personality and interests, all your decision. Me, I chose to just amplify, keeping the vest and getting a safety yellow hoodie.

The part about losing all your high school friends, also garbage. While in college I texted my best friend from high school what seemed like every day. ZeldaMaster93 and I are still best friends who enjoy talking about video games, movies, and to a lesser extent life. I helped my ex through a tough time in her life in realizing that "bad high school is over, the best is yet to come." She even wrote about her soul searching adventure in her blog. We didn't talk much during it because she needed distance from her old life and I was part of it, but we're still friends. I don't talk much to my ilose friends, but that's because I guess I never got to close to them. I did try to keep contact with CleveArtois93 but he changed his phone number with out me knowing so some poor guy is getting my "talk to me damnit" texts. But yeah, I'm still friends with some people from high school.

So yeah, anyone who is going off to college and is afraid of losing your self because of what everyone says, don't be. You'll mature if you aren't already at that level of independence, but other than that, you are the master of your own destiny, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment