Friday, February 11, 2011

I am most unforgetable

Last Monday was the Senior Bear Awards where seniors at the school vote for students to win awards. These are like Most Unforgettable, Best Dancer, Favorite Family, ect. Due to the crazy things I've done over my high school career like winning the lemon eating contest, singing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun during a karaoke contest, wearing a safety vest to school, going all out for spirit week, and other memorable things.

Well due to those things, I was nominated for most unforgettable. Almost everyone knew I was going to win. Everyone knows me for one thing or another. I got sort of dressed up for the event. I gave myself a comb-over and wore a polo shirt. Needless to say I wore my vest. Here is a picture of the comb over.




I wish I had video of the event. It runs similar to the Oscars. There is an introduction with a theme. This year it was star wars, where video students made a star wars parody. It was funny. Then the video and/or student leadership kids introduce the award. There is then a video with the all the nominees doing something related to what they are nominated for. After the nominee video, the kids handing out the awards read who the winners are and the winners walk across the stage to receive their award. I win and go up to the stage. Because it was most unforgettable, I needed to do something unforgettable and different. Instead of just walking across, I moon walked across. Or as best I can moon walk. Here is the picture of me with my awards.


It's cool. The statue has my name on it, the awarded, the year, and "Senior Bear Awards." It came with a certificate with the same info. I'm happy I was recognised for all the crazy things I do.

And on a side note, I wear a giant key chain that weighs 3 pounds. Because one of the awards was coolest car, I was asked to have my key chain used in the presentation of the award. It was funny, and everyone knew it was my key chain. I got it back exactly they way I had it before. It was good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment