Friday, May 11, 2012

Moving out

Hey everyone, would have posted this sooner, but got busy. Now that I have some time to breath, here is my moving out of my dorm blog.

About 2 weeks ago, I just had my last finals. All were on Monday, and I was planning on moving out saturday, so I had some serious time to pack. I started with the easy things like packing up all my school stuff. I was able to fit all of it in one bin. It was quite heavy. Then I moved on to the other things like my clothes and what not, just keeping out enough for me to last the couple of days. I had milk crates full of snacks, and I was able to move some stuff around to be able to empty one. In that empty one, I put all my super nintendo stuff, and the couple of other videogame things I aquired to bring home, in that one crate. It was Wednesday when my roomate was over with his finals, so with that, we took apart the futon. We just used our desk chairs to watch TV until move out day. Here's the pictures that I gathered of moving out.
Where the futon was

The plan was I move out Saturday, but aparently "My parents can't come and get me until then, wasn't a sufficient excuse to stay beyond closing. So instead they came to get me Thursday. My roomate's parents came up on Wednesday night. You could tell we were moving out, along with a bunch of other people because the halls were full of stuff. We were able to get the majority of his stuff into his parent's van, and that which wasn't he put in his truck. We folded up the carpet and moved his bunk over to the other wall, because aparently that's how it needs to be. I baught the futon and carpet off of him, so new stuff to bring home. Once we were done moving his stuff, we got my stuff back in the room and it was all right where his bed used to be.

Now my parents come up. We move everything, using the dolly, cart, and freight elevator. My dad was able to pull the van right up to the loading zone. It made it a little easier to fill the van. Luckily my grandparents had their van because our van was full but I still had stuff. We were going to check out with our RA, but my roomate got called into work even though he was told he wasn't working that day. So instead we had to do express checkout where we run the risk of a $200 fine if our room isn't right without having to check out with the RA. I haven't goten the fine so I think we did it right.

So now I'm home, and all my stuff is unloaded in the living room. All I had to do now was go through it all. I did it in a couple of days and now I'm all home. Now I feel closure. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment