Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WHY WON'T ANYONE HIRE ME!!!!

Hey everyone, I need to blow off some steam at the moment. I've been home for about a month now and have been vigorously looking for work. I've been getting all the leads I can, and going to places that say "We're hiring" and even those that aren't. I must have applied to 20+ places and NO ONE WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE! My first choice would be our local family video, who had a big sign saying "we're hiring, apply within." I applied there twice and nope. I went up and down our main street that's covered in businesses, with only some giving me applications. I applied to everywhere that people gave me a lead. I applied most everywhere that had a sign that said hiring. I've been at this for about a month. Only today did one of the first places I applied to give me a call back. And they said "oh sorry, we aren't taking temps." I also went to this job fair today at Meijer and that seemed promising, then during the interview "oh we aren't hiring temp college students." I got the call when I was driving home from Meijer. I yelled and said some choice words in the car.

OK, I know it's a tough job market, but my anger really comes when people say they're hiring and then I don't get any word on if I'm hired or not. Then there's all these places that say they're hiring but they aren't. I cleaned myself up so that I look presentable, wore a long sleeve nice shirt, either combed my hair or wore my nice new fedora, and some other things. I got interviewed at the IHOP, and if they don't hire me that I will understand. I kind of botched the interview.

Now here's my back-up plan; if I can't find a job, and even if I do, eBay business. Buy stuff at garage sales or elsewhere and then sell on eBay for a profit. I got some inventory, and at a good deal, one of which is a new in box star trek phaser. I got it for $17, listed for $35, and that's a deal since most of the time those go for $40-45. I got 3 watchers but no bids. Why won't those geeks place bids? Ugggggg. I want to work. Why won't anyone get me? I'm an eagle scout, anyone would vouch for me. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment