Thursday, January 14, 2016

Black Friday and Christmas 2015

Good day everyone. I didn't have enough to talk about for Black Friday 2015, so I thought I would combine that with my Christmas 2015 blog since it is kind of the start of the Christmas season for my family.




Enjoy our hamster Epsilon in our play nativity. Didn't you know there were giant hamsters in biblical times?


So after spending thanksgiving with my aunt and grandpa, we gathered our black Friday lists. With everything open at 6 it's starting to lose it's fun. I still have the long lines for check out, but the door busters are typically all gone by the time I get there, and door busters are the best part. This year mbinski wasn't able to join me, and my brother didn't want to go out this year, and Zeldamaster93 hates black friday, so I was kind of at a loss. I asked mskate if she wanted to join me, and luckily she said "yes, I need to do something a little crazy." We went to 3 different stores; Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. We went to Walmart first. I got the amiibo I was looking for, and found a couple movies. After that we went to Target. I found another amiibo I was looking for and some movies. Mskate also found some movies, and I had to talk her out of getting Train Wreck for herself. One of her other friends said "you need to see it so you can get more well rounded," and I told her "you aren't going to like this movie. I've seen it and I know you, you will hate this. Rent it at family video for a dollar, don't spend $10 on a movie you will watch once." I don't know if she's rented it yet, but I might have to rent it with her and we'll watch it together, because I thought it was funny; REALLY raunchy, but funny. After Target we went to Best Buy. I got Inside Out and a Nintendo Eshop card. Mskate was getting tired, so we didn't go anywhere else afterwards. It was a fun time.

So fast forward a month and Christmas festivities begin. Once I got home I helped my parents set-up some Christmas decorations. Fast forward a little more and it's December 24th, Christmas Eve. Every year I celebrate Christmas with my grandparents on Christmas Eve. We went to McDonald's like we do every year since we were little. We had lunch and we tried the new mozzarella sticks. All 6 of us tried 1 after having 2 orders of 3. They are OK. It's McDonald's, what do you expect. Anyways, we get back to their house and exchange gifts. From them I got lottery tickets, Big Bang season 8, Simpons season 17, Jurassic World, Dragon Ball Battle of the Gods, Modern 8-bit Mario Amiibo, a 100 years of Lincoln Penny set with the last year of the decade (I love pennies), money, a flashlight that doesn't require batteries, a stuffed hamster that repeats what you say but sped-up, and candy. Here's a picture of me with my movies/TV shows
For them we got them good whiskey, because that's what they like. It was a great time with them. That was my Christmas Eve. Oh yeah, that night I watched "A Christmas Story 2 on CMT." You can read my review here. The TV edit was pretty good. I also watched A Christmas Story on TBS, because I do every year.

Now for Christmas Day. My family is really into the red Beany Buddy dogs, and have been since my Grandma got my dad the first one. Here's what they set-up on Christmas morning.

Yeah. It was for their amusement as much as ours. Here I am with my stuff.
Here's a list of what I got; a head massager, a retro 8-bit mario amiibo, a nintendo network card, beef jerky, lemon head candy canes, a recees cookie set thing, a large pepermint stick, an industrial size bag of peanut M&Ms, Inside Out, some money, bungee chords, and a 5 gallon bucket. Look, I'm bucket head.
But like any normal baby, all the dogs wanted to do was play with the wrapping.
 Also, because our hamster wanted to join us on on Christmas morning, we got to introduce him to the stuffed hamster. He wanted to chew on him.
But not to long after that, he wanted to join the dogs in his ball.

Since my aunt moved to Texas, my family now has the largest house and we host Christmas at our house. At about 3 PM my relatives started arriving. PepperBC and her family, my grandparents, and their friends came for dinner. We visited, played a game called heads up, and got caught up until about 5, that's when we had dinner. There was the choice of chicken, pork roast, and beef roast. I had pork and beef. Both were amazing. I sat with my brother, cousin, and family friend. We talked about deep web, bitcoin, and how I'm trying to buy a domain name from roller coaster tycoon. Oh yeah, I participated in a google plus secret Santa, and got Roller Coaster Tycoon for PC, and the website that is used to register the game is up for sale, and I want to buy it and put some of my content on it. Why, because I can. Anyways, dinner was good.

After dinner it was time for the sing along. We invited over some high school band friends to join those festivities. We had fun singing Christmas songs and polkas. Yep, that's my family. Almost every celebration we sing songs with someone playing the accordion. It's what we do. Throughout the celebration I showed everyone that was interested my nerd cave with the 10 retro videogame consoles. It was great seeing everyone. They stayed until about 8 PM.

Alright, it's not over yet. Now it's the 27th and time for Christmas with my mom's best friend, her kids, and their girlfriends. We played heads up and exchanged gifts. We basically got candy. Though while we were exchanging gifts, my mom said something REALLY funny, so funny I laughed for 30 strait minutes. Yeah, I'm really excitable like that sometimes. It hurt after about 10 minutes, and then the pain just made me laugh even harder. It was a fun time.

That was Christmas 2015. I had a couple of new years parties at new years, but nothing really worth noting. Well, this has been Pokematic, signing off, and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment