Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl 46 Experience

Happy "big game" day, ah screw it, happy super bowl. Let me start out by saying I don't care about the teams, nor who one or who lost. I just like the commercials. And I know the argument, "you do now they're up on the Internet at your convenience," but it's not the same. I am so evolved that I can feel a difference between having the commercials fed to me at the cost of 3.5 million dollars a 30 second interval and having them given to me for free. I've seen the same commercial pre-game for free or a couple thousand at most, but then watch it at the price of 3.5 million and will say that it is better at 3.5 million. Well onto the fun.

Now since this is college, of course there will be some party. My college dorm through a party for the game in the game room. I went to it and it was quite fun. We had pizza, pop, potato chips, cookies, and some other things I didn't have. The room was divided into patriots and giants. Since I didn't care, and because patriots gave me a better view, I sat on that side. The divide was quite funny. Lots of fingers given between the sides. I was going to switch between the sides, but after switching, patriots had better view. It was pretty cool.

Now let me talk about the commercials. They were quite funny and/or sexy like most every year. I'll need to review them in case I missed one or two, but as of right now, the best one was the M&Ms one.

I would have gotten the official one, but they don't do embedding for those. I loved this commercial. Glad there wasn't to much self promotion this year.

Half-time was interesting. Madonna gave a pretty good show for an old woman. Really, she's like 50, but didn't look over 40. She must have found the fountain of youth or something. She did it in standard Madonna form, or what I assume is that since people constantly compare her to Gaga performance wise. I was not expecting the LMAO or whoever the guys that do "sexy and I know it" and "every day I'm shufflin." And then there was some other guy that joined in that I didn't recognise. I was just waiting for Gaga to come out and join Madonna and be a duke out between past and present. But alas. Oh well. It was still interesting none the less.

Now for the really cool thing. The end of the game, when it came right down to the last play. Patriots down by 4, their ball, and last minute of the game. It got all the way down to the wire. Last play, clock is out, this play decides if they win or lose. The receiver or whoever is right in the end zone. The QB throws the pass, and gets to the end zone. But the pass is incomplete. Giants win. If Patriots won, there was going to be some serious celebration. There was still some celebration, but wasn't as much as if Patriots won. Oh well. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment