Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lil Sibs Weekend

Hey everyone, I just had a great weekend with my younger brother, emphasis on younger since he's actually bigger than me. I wouldn't talk about that and just all him my brother if it wasn't lil sibs weekend this past weekend here at college. For you that aren't familiar with it, the point of lil sibs weekend is for the older college sibling to show how awesome college is for the younger siblings. A couple of my friends had their real little siblings up this past weekend, like middle school. Well this was basically what happened.

On Friday my family came up here so they could drop off my brother. It would have cost a lot of money for my brother come come up on the train, and then with the city buses not running on Sunday, even more money for the taxi. Mom and Dad decided to have a little get away while bro and I had fun at college. Before they just let us be, we all went out to ice cream. It was fun being with the fam again.

For lil sibs weekend, there were some scheduled activities, but they all kind of sucked, except for what would be the Lazar tag, but some how we missed that. Oh well. Mainly what we did on Friday was hang out and talk politics. We don't have exactly the same political views, but close enough that we can have civilized conversations. He's the only one I talk politics with because he's my family, and with family we have to accept each other regardless of political views. It was fun.

Yesterday, Saturday, was a big movie day. We walked down to the local video rental store and rented 3 DVD's; I Want Your Money, Thumb Wars, and Ron White - You Can't Fix Stupid. We watched I Want Your Money first. It's a great movie. It's not conservative, it's not libertarian, it's not moderate. It's all 3 and then some. Basically anyone who doesn't like Obama. Great movie. Dad came and took us to see star wars episode 1 in 3D. Read the review here. Afterwards Dad dropped us off and we came back up to my room and watched Thumb Wars, and Ron White - You Can't Fix Stupid. He didn't like Thumb Wars as much as me, but it was still fun. That night we watched Boondocks, Bleach, and Full Metal Alchemist on Adult Swim. That's my normal Saturday night, though when I'm not tired I stay up even later to watch Kekkaishi.

When watching "you can't fix stupid," we counted how many times Ron drops an F-bomb. It was 9 in if you care. Then afterwards we watched the first part of Bob Saget: That Ain't Right on YouTube. In the first 10 minutes, we counted 59+ instances of the F-bomb. There are 10 parts in all. That's a lot of obscenities, and then to think that he did Full House. Oh Bob.


Today Sunday we all went to church and I was inducted into Alpha Lambda Delta, or as my mom mispronounced later, Alpha Lambda Damnda. ALD is an academic frat, for students with a 3.5 or better. I had a 4.0 so I got in easy. It was a bit of a long ceremony since it there were over 400 inductees. As an inductee, I got a t-shirt that has the Greek Alpha Lambda Delta on it, but I'm not sure how often I'll wear it because it's a long sleeve shirt and I don't really like sleeves. I did get a short sleeve shirt that had the Greek Alpha Lambda Delta on it and on the back it says "Geek ot Greek." I'm going to wear this one a lot I think. Afterwards we went out to dinner at Applbees. I got the riblette platter off the 2 for 20, and we got the mozzarella sticks for out appetizer. I ate maybe 5 of them. They were so good. The ribletts were really hot, like burn my thumb hot. I didn't eat them all, so now I have a nice snack for when I'm hungry in my dorm room. Well this has been Pokematic, signing off, and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment