Saturday, January 22, 2011

What a week

Hey everyone, I have had one hell of a week. This week was finals week, so like usual, I studied my but off the weekend prior. And I'm talking, lock my self in my room and only come out for food study. So then comes finals. I was prepared. My hardest final I'd have to say was world history. I just have trouble understanding why I need to learn about events that happened 100's of years ago that happened through a bunch of dead guys. My best was probably AP Calc. Math has always been my thing, and is the only AP class I'm taking. Strangely, even if I got every single question right including the extra credit, I would have still gotten a lower grade because mine already was over 100%.

In drama, I had to do a monologue written and preformed by me. For those who don't know, a monologue is an extended speech given by one person that generally tells a story. When I get around to it I think I'll film and post it. Mine wasn't a traditional monologue, it was more of a duologue between myself. It met the requirements though and my drama teacher said it was fine. I had other classes but none had any other story to go with them.

So now onto this weekend. On Saturday, I had a big competition for a scholarship for the college I am going to next year. If I get the grand prize, it's $50,000 in tuition. If I don't get it, there's a next level up prize of $6,000. But just for competing, I get %3,000 in tuition and $4,000 for room and board. Just to make things clear, the big prizes are in addition to the $7,000 for just competing.

The competition consisted of an essay and group problem solving. Just because I don't want to get in any sort of trouble, that's all I can tell you. They might or might not care if I tell you the promotes and I might or might not get caught. Just being safe than sorry. That lasted about 2 hours. After that, they provided lunch. Chicken BLT, to bad I don't like chicken. So then I had a hot dog at the basket ball game. That was included, so I figured "why not, it's free." The basket ball game that is, hot dog combo I had was $6.

So that was my week. Glad it's over and now I can relax until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment